I've written a book, Experiments in Honesty, and it will soon be on real shelves (and of course virtual ones) around the world.
It's a collection of stories and dot-connecting from my own experience, within the vocabulary, imagery and tradition of christian spirituality. Hopefully you'll agree that I've not written a church book though. I've written something for anyone who finds themselves drawn to love, compassion, self-awareness, who has a desire to be connected beyond the surface of things. I've written it for people who feel drawn to what they see in Christ, because of—or despite—Christianity's help. You know who I'm talking about. I could very well be describing you. I know I'm describing me. I've come to suspect I'm describing millions.
Here are some things for you to know:
- The book will officially release in March.
- Presale on the book will begin this fall. I'll obviously announce that date when it's established.
- Wanna help me make the book a success? Grab a copy when it's available, and perhaps also consider giving it for a Christmas present. Yes, yes, it's shameless for me to suggest that. But if you like how I frame faith and love and waking up to ourselves, then you'll like this book, and you'll like putting it in others' hands. Everybody wins.
- Another way to help: When I write blog posts or email meditations, etc, share them if they mean something to you. That eventually helps me connect and rub virtual elbows with more readers, which has the same effect as my previous point. More winning. (Guh, who am I?)
- I promise to really try to not overdo the pitching of this book, or make it annoying. With that, perhaps you could help me create a buzz in the next weeks and months. (I'll probably email out some excerpts so you can at least have a taste of what it is you're buzzing about.) No problem if this is not your thing, but you pointing others to it, sharing some of the ads I'll be putting out soon, helps the message reach people I've never met. No love lost if you don't wanna, but if you want to help give this book bigger wings, this is a way to do it.
So there you go. The next few months will be me doing my best to make my writing successful, to connect with readers, and continuing to tell the best stories I can about faith, hope and love. I hope you'll join me.